This is how it really went..OHHH why are things so much better in your head?
We load up. Jer has on a Middle School sweatshirt; I am in the same outfit since 6AM this morning along with the same hair and makeup from this morning. I have NO cute scarf like I imagined. We start out driving and Brock starts to fall asleep (Worst nightmare because it is only a little after 6pm). It was SSSOOO dark in the car I could only see his face when we passed by a street light. I never thought I may not be able to see his expression when he saw the lights. So we decide just to hit up one stop, only a few miles from our house. So needless to say there weren't no Starbucks in our car (definately the biggest let down). So we drive to our destination, and the house with the flashing lights is so stinkin crowded with 'necks standing outside (waiting with beer in hand no less). SO since they were blocking the house, we didn't see much. So we con't to drive around and did see some good lights, but Brock could of cared less. I thought it would be a good idea to let him sit in between Jer and I upfront since we were just riding around, but all he wanted to do was drive and talk on the phone. I loved every minute of our new tradition!! I hope it sticks!
Here are a few pictures from the night:
The cutest thing did happen. We saw some ever popular deer with white lights and I said, "Look at the deer Brock." Brock replies:" Pow-pow". Priceless!!!


1 comment:
Little Brocky is so cute in his PJ's!
And Matt will love the deer story! He is definitely Jer's son!
Post a Comment