Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, June 30

Monkey is gone…

Ever since Brock turned one, Dr. C suggested that we start getting Brock’s teeth cleaned…really dude? Can I have what-ever-it-is that you’re smoking? So I thought…okay. We have a live-in dental hygienist (AKA Nana). She agreed with me, there was NO WAY this one year old would sit for a cleaning. So she said…”Let’s try when he’s two!”

So the big two came and went and there was NO WAY Brock would even attempt. We brought him to our cleaning appointment and he cried the entire time Jeremy was getting his teeth cleaned. So when the two year well check came…I just KNEW he was going to examine his teeth…but instead Dr. C said. “Continuing with the yearly dentist exams?  You did do that right?????”

At this point, I did what all protective, tantrum avoiding, moms do…cross fingers behind back and say… Yep…sure did!

I totally lied and didn’t feel bad…I thought-YOU take this doctor hatin’ boy to a  dentist! Anyway-Nana checked his teeth periodically and suddenly he was THREE and still no cleaning. That monkey on my back began to tighten his grip…So I used the same technique as last year…LIED, LIED, LIED to Dr C and promised myself he WOULD get them done before he was four!

Well guess who LOVED getting his teeth cleaned? He was WONDERFUL, NO TEARS and even did a little flossin’!

013025 

027

I guess it kinda helps when Nana is cleaning your teeth!

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Yay!! I know you are relieved! Go Brock!

Carrie said...

Good for Brock! I know just what you mean about lying to the doctors. Heck no, Allie Claire doesn't sleep in our bed periodically! Of course she brushes her teeth t-w-i-c-e a day! ha ha ha ha

Jenny said...

I cannot believe he wouldn't let his Nana clean his teeth until now. I would have thought that would have been easy - I guess you never know. Good for Brock in getting them done now - no more lieing for you.

TheVanzants said...

The monkey is on my back too...and I'll probably hold off until about 3.

Glad Brocky did so well :) He's such a big boy!