I have decided to "start" potty training Brock. I think he is ready and I would love for it to be DONE...or close to it when we are at the beach in July for 2 weeks...I hate using those swimmies. So I feel like I need to read up on the topic. Do you know of any books to read or which one of these would you choose? Also, all the bloggers (most anyway) are moms...Give me your advice PLEASE!! I'm begging you!

I could totally do it in ONE DAY! I'm skeptical though...ONE DAY???
I really like this title..."Stress-Free"
This may be more my speed...
I think Brock would like this one...



6 comments:
omg....i'm already stressing of this!!!
thanks for the book advice....i'll have to check them out!
good luck! keep us updated!
I decided I was going to try potty training my lil guy about a month ago. So far, I haven't had much luck. He loves to sit on the potty and wipe....but not with his pants off. haha! If you find anything that works good, share the love!
Since I have officially potty trained two boys...here is my advice. Do not use pull up at all. With both of my boys I just made sure that I was at home for one solid week for the whole day if possible. Every half hour, we went to the bathroom and tried, even if they didn't need to. By the 3rd day, both got the hang of it with accidents still. For Lincoln, he got it after 2 wks. Brandyn took longer but I still refused the pull ups. It took Brandyn about a month until the accidents stop. One other suggestion is to make sure Brock uses the bathroom right before bed time and limit the amount of liquids at night. My favorite advice of all...your the mom and you know your son best. Do what your gut instinct says. Oh yeah...Brandyn really loved praise when he went to the bathroom like a big boy. I also rewarded him with 2 M & M's. After the month was over, he was bored with the M & M's. Hope this helps.
I've heard that being house bound for a while helps, like Monica said. I also agree about the pull ups, they tend to become a crutch(like I'm so experienced in potty training). To me a pull up is just a glorified diaper and some kids think the same thing. Don't get discouraged or give up if you all are consistent I think it will be successful quickly. He'll probably like being a big boy:)
I have no idea about this. Since you're going first, I'll just follow and do whatever you do, like always!
Agree with Monica completely. You have to be in it 100% and stay home for a few days...and AVOID pull ups :)
Post a Comment