The title of this post may seem off topic…but I’ll get to it!
Cooper’s arrival was completely unexpected for a few reasons-One-I was two weeks early when I delivered. Two-I had to be induced after being a week late with Brock. Three-I had no idea what labor contractions really felt like.
So Monday around 1:15am I was woken up by something. I kinda thought it was a contraction, but I was really hoping to go back to sleep because FCAT was in like 7 hours and I had to be prepared!! I had been having a few here and there-so I thought it was just a fluke.
Then…1:25 I had another one..huh-I thought-these must be contractions. I thought they would stop.
And then every 5-6 minutes I had another one. I got up, used the bathroom-just to make sure it wasn’t gas or something non-labor related.
So finally around 2am I woke up Jeremy and called the doctor. They called me back and said the contractions should last about 60 seconds and to head towards the hospital since they were about 4-5 minutes apart.
The second I got off the phone with the nurse, they went from uncomfortable and unsure to -THIS IS A FREAKING CONTRACTION…WE GOTTA GO NOW!
So Jeremy and I loaded up the in the car about 2:30-mind you…I’ve barely been in labor for an hour and I was in pain. I told Jeremy on the way-“I gotta get an epidural and then we can go back to sleep!”
Well, while in the car-they contractions were painful and coming every 2-3 minutes. Then like every minute…they felt like they weren’t stopping. The hospital ride was scary because Jeremy was going WAY over the speed limit and about half way there with each contraction I had the urge to push…I was just hoping and praying to make it to the hospital!
We get to the ER and the girl very SLOWLY rolls out with her wheel chair and says..”Where to?” Are you kidding me! I’m huge, can barely sit down and so I yell-Labor and Delivery….and we got to hurry!! She had NO pep and I swear I could of got there by myself faster- We roll into L&D at a snails pace and there’s NO ONE to be found…really-I immediately start to panic and yell-Where is EVERYONE??
They get me into the door way of the triage room and my water breaks…EVERYWHERE-Good thing I was wearing my beach flip-flops…they are totally water resistant! I should of been wearing flippers though-
They tell me to get into a gown and get into bed-In like 5 seconds I’m in the bed yelling-you gotta check me-I need an epidural! Then she LEAVES! Holy cow-I’m alone in this room-Jeremy’s parking the car-no nurse and I wanna push so bad.
What felt like forever-finally a nurse comes in and checks me-she had no choice cause I was being totally unlady like. I could tell in her face-it was not good. She said-“She’s complete”! I could of been shot…I had no idea that it could happen that fast.
Having and L&D nurse as a best friend I knew what this meant-I was ready to push and couldn’t get any drugs….Epidural was totally in my birth plan…who am I kidding, it was my ONLY plan! About this time Jeremy runs in from parking the car and I look at him and say-I can’t have an epidural-I think he was more scared than me…so he ask her again and she says-No…I’m sorry, she’s ready to push… I said “Are you $HI**ing me?” No one wanted to answer me. Then two more nurses come in and slap a monitor on my belly-get one heart beat and tell me to PUSH!
All I could think was…I can’t do this…I can’t do this….
Jer grabs my hand and they tell me to push-which actually is what my body was telling me to do. So I pushed and screamed and pushed. Then, trying to control the screaming, I turned and BIT Jeremy’s arm…that’s right-all vampire-ish-I bit him. That’s when he asked the nurses: “Can we get her something to bite on????” (now it sounds so funny-but he was so serious-he didn’t want to loose his arm to JAWS). But one quick push after that and Cooper was here!!! I think it was about 3-4 pushes…Thank the LORD!
It happened so fast-which I am so thankful for. We arrived at hospital about 2:50 and Coop was born at 3:05am.
Three nurses delivered Cooper! They were so calm and the one in the picture below nearly lost her neck because she was trying to comfort me! I did apologize AFTER the fact for all the cursing and screaming!! And tried to sound really nice and sweet. My doctor arrived about 20 minutes after delivery. Better late than never I guess. There is no way she would of made it.
Jeremy helped the nurse turn on the warmer and get things ready. I am so thankful I had mind to grab my camera and brought it with me. They were a little unprepared. I delivered in a regular bed, in a triage room. They had to take Coop across the hall to the nursery. Normally they do all this in your L&D room.
They only got my name before the delivery-but had to ask again to clarify. I signed all liability paperwork AFTER delivery! Everything was done backwards.
Check out this hair do-WHEW! I think it proves the quickness that he came out with-and my face is like “HOLY CRAP”! I just had a baby ALL natural…no IV, no nothing!
It was something I will never forget. I am so grateful that it happened the way it did. Recovery was so much easier and faster than my first delivery and this time around and I am enjoying every second of this baby!!


14 comments:
You go Super Woman!! That's unreal! I bet your husband was FREAKING out......haha!! That's one precious baby for sure. It was all worth it, I know :)
This post made me laugh!! I can't believe it happened so fast, you are definately the WOMAN!!!
This is hilarious and I'm so glad everything worked out. You said you wanted to be like me but I'm sure there was a second or 2 in between those screams that you weren't thinking that. The recovery is definitely better so if we knew it would only take about 10 minutes of the worst pain ever we might go this option all the time - but drugs are definitely GOOD!!
So happy for you all.
Wow Kerri! What.a.story. I'm glad you made it there & Jeremy made it from parking the car!
That is an AMAZING story!!! Mine wasn't quite that fast!
oh my word!!! SHE WOMAN!! you go girl!
Cooper is beautiful.
congrats on your new addition.
What an incredible story! Congratulations on your baby boy!
You are SUPERWOMAN!!!! Way to go Kerri. A story you'll get to tell Cooper later :) or his wife maybe :)
Visiting from Hollie's blog and you, my dear, are my hero!!!!! Get it, sister!
First of all, congratulations! I am visiting from Hollie's blog. My labors were fast and furious, but I don't think I ever bit my husbands arm! Haha! Such a great story, enjoy your new little guy!
Hilarious! This sounds almost exactly how I delivered our son 6 weeks ago, only I was planning on going natural - I just wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly! I posted my birth story on my blog if you want to read. Congratulations!
Oh - and I tried to bite my husband's arm as well!
I just stumbled across this specific post from someone elses blog this morning and I am officially IN SHOCK after reading your birth story!!! No IV, no needles, no epidural, no nothing. And baby being born just 15 minutes after you got to the hospital. WOW!!!! That is amazing, to say the least. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby and I'm in fear now. Hahahaha. :) I don't know what I would do without an epidural. Probably just bite and curse too. :)
Oh and congrats on your beautiful new baby boy!!! :)
Post a Comment