Tuesday morning, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was annoyed, aggravated and so many other things for really no good reason. I went to school just looking forward for my 5 day weekend.
Later that afternoon I went to pick up Brock and he wouldn’t walk. He had been limping all day and the later it got, the less he wanted to walk. I met Jeremy at his school for his opinion, and to appease me, we decided to take him down the road to an Urgent Care for an x-ray.
Two x-rays later and a lot of tears (Brock and Mama), they told us to head STRAIGHT to Wolfson’s Children's Hospital due to a spot they saw on his bone.
Talk about S-C-A-R-E-D. My little baby couldn’t walk and there was a spot on his bone. I lost it! I’m crying as I type…
Two hours later we made it back into a room at Wolfson’s where the ER doctor narrowed it down to his hip. Brock went for X-rays, blood work, IV, and a sonogram. Then we were told to wait…the worst thing ever!
I am such a negative Nelly and I was thinking the worst and praying for the best. I was on the verge of a breakdown any second, but I knew I had to keep it together for Brock. He was SO GOOD. That is actually an understatement. Also, Jeremy’s mom and dad met us there and they were a huge help to keep him occupied. I thought, surely, my baby is not that sick. We had a lot of support from our family and friends who were constantly texting us for support.
On our way back from a sonogram of Brock’s hip, our pediatrician found us. He said he had just spoke to the sonogram tech, and there was some fluid on the hip. Which was causing him to limp. I told him the blood work had NOT come back and neither had the x-rays. He said he’d try to find out. He came back about 10 minutes later and told us blood work was good and so were x-rays. NO SPOTS!! I’ve always LOVED Dr. C…but that proved that he cares. We were so relieved. It was not an infection or tumor, but toxic synovitus.
It was so clear to me, that stuff doesn’t matter. I had been worrying about what to wear for Thanksgiving…Who cares! I have a perfectly healthy family and a another blessing on the way. This really showed us what Thanksgiving is about: Not planning your shopping route or making a delicious dessert, but loving and giving thanks to God for all our blessings he has given us.
Wolfson’s staff was wonderful and is now on my list for things to be thankful for. Our nurse, Valerie, was wonderful!! As well as our pediatrician, Dr. C!
Brock seems to be recovering well. He was able to go hunting with all his cousins in Georgia and is currently, limp free! We are so blessed! I am so embarrassed that it took something this scary to make me stop and realize how blessed I am!
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Psalm 107:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.


2 comments:
I'm glad everything is alright!!!
That is so scary & really does put everything in perspective. Praise God he is OK!
Post a Comment