Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, April 20

I ain't never...

Today in school I was teaching a Lang Arts lesson in double negatives. Teachin' and livin' in a hick town-we use LOTS of double and more often than not triple negatives!! So today when I was teaching I gave my example first.

K to the class: How often do you hear me say "Oh no...We ain't doin' dat today!"?
Class: All the time...you say ain't ALL the time...Like every sentence Mrs. Boatright!!
Then one student said...You say nothin' all the time too!

So anyway here are some of the sentences that they came up with using double negative...

1. We ain't never seen that.
2. My Daddy don't have no money.
3. We don't know nuttin'.
4. I ain't got none.
5. You ain't got no paper.

Brock is the KING of double negatives right now! He has been saying alot : "No, not want ______" You fill in the blank (doctor, bath, brushing teeth etc).

I guess I really need to watch my double negatives...what about you?