Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, February 2

still sick

We went to the doctor today and Brock wasn't any better. So doctor decided to start with a three day series of shots of Rocephin. So we will be going back to see the doctor Tues. and Wed. Then, came the news I had NOT expected to hear:

Dr. C: If he is no better on Wednesday we need to get you in with a ENT ASAP!
K: You mean like a ear, nose, and throat doctor ( you know he was like yeah you re-re??)
Dr C: Yes. They will go in an "suck out" all the mucus that is built up.

(Side bar on Dr C-He is sooo chill and laid back. After more questions from the freaked out mom, I realized he was talking about putting tubes in his ears. I need a laid back doctor, because if you know me I never lay back!)

So Brock had to get one shot in each leg. It was AWFUL! I cried and cried. I am tearing up at this second. The worst part is that we had to wait 20 minutes in the office after the shots so they could make sure there was no side effects...oh yeah and the fact that his legs were numb for two hours after the shot.

Thank you for the comments and prayers. We are so blessed that this is the first real sickness that we have dealt with. I thank God every minute that it is just an ear infection. I am so lucky to have a healthy child.

I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

The Panke's said...

I sure do hope he feels better soon. That is no fun. I completely understand that is where we were a few weeks ago. The shots seemed to work pretty well for us-if that makes it any better.